Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As one of the fastest growing businesses within Optum, with more than 11 million consumers and providers currently under our umbrella, Optum Financial Technology is dedicated to improving both the health and productivity of those we serve.
One out of seven adults in the U.S. uses an Optum Financial product, not to mention we re the largest Health Saving Accounts (HSA) provider and the 35th largest mover of money in the U.S. Our wide impact gives us a real opportunity to create financial technology that transforms healthcare for both consumers and providers alike.
So, what is it that makes us so unique? Well for starters, Optum Financial Technology is dedicated to helping people with not only their healthcare, but also their financial wellbeing. Our teams are fixated on transforming the experience for consumers and changing the way that people pay for healthcare. Here, innovation isn't just about creating new gadgets, it's about making healthcare financial data available wherever and whenever people need it - safely and reliably. We help members manage their own health in a more efficient, more affordable way and give our providers the flexibility they need to support their patients.
You ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Build and run the APIs written in Java , Spring boot, Docker
- Develop, test and deploy scalable web applications using CI / CD
- Work in Agile / dev ops environment
- Build reusable components and contribute to inner source
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at:
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Expert in developing APIs using Java, Spring and Spring boot
- Experience working with API gateways
- Experience working with Azure cloud
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, JIRA)
- Experience participating in design and code reviews
- Experience with test-driven development
- Knowledge of docker
- Knowledge of Continuous integration and continuous deployment using Jenkins or github actions
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment. Technology Careers with Optum.
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience working with large, distributed systems
- Experience interacting with team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
- Excellent communication skills
Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm) Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group s Telecommuter Policy Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.